Sunday, June 5, 2011

Primavera Pop

I've been here over a week now which is actually not hard to believe. I was talking to someone last night who has been studying here for about a year and she said that at first it feels like time is not moving, and then it all flies by. It'll be interesting to see if that actually happens.

Thursday night my roommates and myself had a going away dinner for the girl whose room I am now living in. She was from northern Spain and is going home for the summer. She cooked us this huge dinner and we just ate and drank together in the kitchen for a hours. It was great.

Patricia, on the far right, is the girl whose place I'm taking for the summer.

I officially completed a week of work Friday night at 12:30AM when I got home. There was a huge concert called Primavera Pop, as I described earlier, and that took up the entire day. I got to the office at 9:30, and by 11:00 we had left to go set up. We had to hand a pamphlet to every single person that walked into this huge arena. I believe we handed out about 10,000, and it seemed just about all the concert attendees were 16 year old screaming girls. It was so tiring. All of the acts signed shirts we had and talked about their support for ACNUR, which is cool,  however this was in the Press Room that I did not see. :( The life of an intern.
So we also had a booth there, which I DID see:

The best part was after everyone had entered the show, I was able to go in and see a lot of the acts. Everyone only sang one or two songs, and then the next person or group came on. It was organized ridiculously well. I didn't really know any of the Spanish groups, but everyone in the crowd knew every word to every song. I assume if I knew Spanish music it would have been a really good concert. Enrique stole my heart <3
The two interns!
Enrique Inglesias aka boyfriend

 
Coworkers dancing inside the show :P
 After getting back to my apartment that night I crashed. Beyond tired.

Yesterday, Saturday, I took a really long walk around my neighborhood (Moncloa) where the parks are. There's this egyptian temple about a mile from me, but it was full of tourists sine it was Saturday, so I did not go inside. The parks are a nice escape from the city, or at least you can trick yourself into thinking you aren't in the city for a little while. I'll have to bring my camera next time and upload moar pics. Later, I went out with my roommates and their whole group of students in the teaching program they are (were) part of. It was a bar crawl titled Beer Golf. I'll let you imagine the ridiculousness of this very outing. I did get to see many different types of bars in a part of town really close to me, so that was awesome. Oh and pizza at 3 AM is not just an American thing, apparently.

I just booked roundtrip tickets to Barcelona next weekend, where I'm going to see a few Gumbies. I'm only going to be there Saturday and Sunday, but the plane ride is just an hour - and it was pretty cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment